Archive for September, 2010

Let the Sun shine

September 27, 2010
Back cover For a book

 Well, here it is Di – the back cover for your book. A little Aztec inspired design to finish it off. Now I just have one (or maybe two pages) to finish off this year’s round of accordian books.

Crusty Lutradur!

September 23, 2010

Combined tyvek and lutradur to create this crusty little number. Only trick is the lutradur melts at a higher heat than the tyvek and the machine stitching seemed to insulate both of them?!

Crusty Sea Texture

Playing with metals

September 16, 2010

Playing with Metal

Having a bit of fun adding colour and texture to aluminium. Used embossing powders, foils, gelly roll pens, embossing plates, machine stitching, idea relief paints, stylus pens…. Now to create something with these ideas!

Bollywood pencils!

September 13, 2010

Playing with different mediums

Here I am trying to hold the fabric towards the light to pick up the wonderful sparkle in these Inktense Pencil samples. I used irridecesent medium (blue paisley to left), gold dust (red paisley) and opal dust (blue/green paisley and pink flowers) with Inktense pencils. Very sparkly! I feel a piece of total bollywood coming on.

Magiclay Magic

September 10, 2010

Been playing around with my favourite clay – Magiclay while its wet and dark in Brisbane. This piece is machine stitched down to some lutradur. Also covered an old children’s hardcover story book with it too.  Impressed it with one of my hand carved stamps then painted it up in reds and golds.

Metal Sampler

September 9, 2010

Metals Sampler

Going to an Art Date at Tweed Heads this Saturday and we’re playing around with some metals. I’ve put together a little sampler of metals stitched with different free machine patterns. The background is Misty Fuse coloured with Pearl Ex powders so it makes for a very colourful backdrop. Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Painting your way to Complex Cloth

September 1, 2010

Stenciled, hand painted Lutradur

Had lots of fun with this one. Hand painted a strip of Lutradur in various colours using Permaset paints. Heat set them then added a spritz of glitzy colour using smooch spritzers and a stencil. I love combining painted methods rather than dyes to get the complex cloth look.

Detail

This was really easy and quick to make a beautiful banner. I’ve also been playing around with the hot water dissolvable glue. This time I stamped a hand painted piece.

Glue Batik cloth

Using my own stamp design carved from a soft carve block, I stamped a hand painted piece of cloth with the glue. Then after it had dries I painted over the glue and heat set the paint. Then it was just a matter of dissolving the glue to reveal the design!